GURUGRAM: The buyers of Ansal Fernhill in Sector 91, who have been waiting for the handover of flats for more than a year after paying around 80% of the cost, have decided to launch a protest against the builder.
According to the agreement, the builder was supposed to hand over the flats by April 2018. However, several buyers alleged that till now they have not got any confirmation from the developer as to when they will get their property. They have also filed a complaint on the CM window.
“I hoped that I would get my home last year itself. Now, it seems to be a distant dream. I have already paid more than 90% cost of the flat, and now I’m need answers from the developer. I’m paying loan EMIs to the bank and also pay the rent to my house owner. This is an additional burden. We are planning to launch a protest on Saturday,” said Manish Nema, a homebuyer.
Rehan Khan, another buyer, said, “I fear that the builder might leave the country. We might not get our money and property. This goes back to 2011, precisely September 2011, when we booked our flat in Fernhills. The builder didn’t obtain any necessary clearances and approvals and had pre-launched the project to lure buyers. Almost eight years are over, and most buyers have paid almost 90% of the total cost. No action has been taken even though we lodged a complaint on the CM window last year.” According to buyers, a total of 700 flats were supposed to be developed.
TOI tried to contact the developer, but hasn’t received any response despite repeated attempts.